Rather to the Loon’s surprise, she has made appearances in the scholarly and professional literature, including conference proceedings. Instances she knows of are below collected; please notify @GaviaLib on Twitter should you happen across a citation not yet listed here. A link to an open-access version (green or gold) would be most appreciated; the Loon will not link to paywalled materials, not even via DOI.
The list is organized by publication year, then desultorily by first-author surname.
- Arellano Douglas, Veronica, and Joanna Gadsby. “Gendered labor and library instruction coordinators: The undervaluing of feminized work.” Association of College and Research Libraries Conference 2017.
- Currier, Brett D., Rafia Mirza, and Jeff Downing. “They think all of this is new: Leveraging librarians’ project management skills for the digital humanities.” College and Undergraduate Libraries (preprint; publication details to come).
- Schomberg, Jessica, and Kirsti Cole. “Hush: The dangers of silence in academic libraries.” In the Library with the Lead Pipe, 20 April 2017.
- Rele, Shilpa, Nataly Blas, and Marie Kennedy. “Credible journal working group in action!: Collaborating to create positive change in scholarly publishing.” 2016 Digital Initiatives Symposium.
- Schonfeld, Roger C. “Organizing the work of the research library“
- Anderson, Rick. “Is rational discussion of open access possible?” Insights 27:2 (July 2014).
- Fister, Barbara. “Librarians supporting the creation of new knowledge.” In New roles for the road ahead: essays commissioned for ACRL’s 75th anniversary.
- Hoffmann, Kristin. “Is the Sky Actually Falling? Using the Theory of Fields to Illuminate Contemporary Discourses in Academic Librarianship” Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians. St Catharines, Ontario. May 2014.
- Gremmels, Gillian S. “Staffing trends in college libraries.” Reference Services Review 41:2 (2013) pp. 233–52.
- Loos, Andreas. “Ein Jahr Elsevier-Boykott.” Fokus (2013) pp. 90–97.
- Posner, Miriam. “No half measures: overcoming common challenges to doing DH in the library.” Journal of Library Administration 53:1 (2013) pp. 43–52.
- Vinopal, Jennifer, and Monica McCormick. “Supporting digital scholarship in research libraries: scalability and sustainability.” Journal of Library Administration 53:1 (2013) pp. 27–42.
- Hicks, Alison. “Review of ‘Social Networking Tools for Academic Libraries.’” Journal of Collaborative Librarianship 4:4 (2012) pp. 190–191.